Friday, March 26, 2010

Writing Strategies Blog

My family and I were eating at Kerby’s Coney Island when I was about 7. My mom, dad, sister, and I were all sitting in a booth by the window – our usual spot. I had gotten chicken tenders and my sister got fries. Now, my sister Nikkiy loved fries, especially the crunchy ones. So being the good sister that I am, I would always give her my crunchy fries - so she didn’t think it was odd when I offered her one.
Nikkiy, being a vegetarian and despising meat – especially chicken tenders – she definitely wouldn’t have considered eating meat that day. Before I tell you the rest you should know something first; me and Nikkiy were still at that age where we liked to torture each other and just be plain mean. So, that day I thought I’d be sneaky and play a little trick on her. Finding the crunchiest fry on my plate, I ripped it open a little bit in the middle and hid a piece of chicken in it. Closing up the fry, I handed the fry to Nikkiy and told her that I thought she would like it…
Not knowing what I had done, Nikkiy put it in her mouth. Swallowing; Eating it. Well, I shouldn’t say that she fully ate it because less than a second after she began to swallow, I admitted that I put chicken in it. Bursting into tears, she quickly made herself cough it up. Laughing and teasing, I almost fell out of the booth! After about ten minutes of crying, Nikkiy finally settled down; now she was just plain mad. The laughing ceased, I realized what was to come; my parents.
My mom and dad were pretty strict when it came to my sister and I playing tricks on each other; they are usually stricter with me. Nikkiy wasn’t as sneaky and clever as I was when it came to torturing siblings. My parents began to lecture me about what I had done. I got my punishment and took it like a man; I didn’t cry like usual. I’ll admit, it was pretty mean what I did, but it was still probably the funniest moment of my life and it still makes me laugh. Nikkiy still resents me for it, but now she eats meat. Although she’s not a vegetarian anymore, she refuses to accept food from me; Nikkiy just takes it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment